Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Miles has started school!! On September 7th, we went to the Open House to check out the facility and meet his teacher. Mrs. DeGear will be his homeroom teacher and is the yellow group. She was very nice. On Thursday, September 8th, Miles woke up in a great mood. He ate a bowl of cereal, got dressed, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, and declared he was ready for school. We made chocolate chip cookies and wrapped them up for Miles' teacher, took pictures in front of the house, and headed off to school! We were the 2nd family to arrive early, so we took more pictures!! When they finally opened the gates, Miles and Maya played on the playground and the parents mingled. After 15 minutes, they rang the bell and had all the kids sit on their group's colored bench. This is where some kids started to melt down. Not Miles!! He sat nicely waiting to go into his classroom. He filed in without even waving goodbye and that was that!! Georgia and I picked him up at 11:30 and he was full of smiles. I asked about his day and this is what he said, "I ate snack. We had crackers and cheese. I ate the crackers. We played with toys. We read a book about Daddy's." As a celebration we picked up McDonalds for lunch. I'm so glad he likes school and I can't wait to see the learning and growing begin!!






No comments: