In honor of Georgia's love for lollipops, I had the whole birthday themed around them. I had to get creative because there aren't too many things shaped or decorated with lollipops! About 30 people attended (many people were out of town) and it was the hottest day of the year. Awesome. At the highest is was at 104 degrees. The kids didn't care and wanted to play outside and eventually the little pool was filled up and the lollipop party turned into a pool party with lots of naked children and droopy diapers! But everyone had a blast and people didn't leave until after 6:00pm! I love a good party!
I made this wreath out of dum dums.
Lollipops lined the walkway. I made these.
Birthday parties are the only time I have anything on this empty wall, so I got nuts! I really need some art....
All made out of pictures of Georgia. It is amazing to see how much she has grown in the last year!
More lollipops and a banner that I made.
As well as giant lollipops for party favors, I made giant marshmallows dipped in pink chocolate and sprinkles on a stick. Talk about sugar overload!
Little lollipop weights for the napkins at the bar.
She looked SO adorable in her party dress!
Yes, I made the cake. I made the layers a week ahead of time and froze them. I made a double batch of buttercream the night before. And it STILL took me 2 1/2 hours to decorate it the morning of the party. But it turned out super cute. My first double tiered cake!
Nana's taco dip was gone in a flash.
Pizza pops to go with the theme!
The mac and cheese bites were SO delicious! The adults were raving over them. A new recipe for me so I was pleased with the outcome.
This is where the real fun began. I'm sure Miles and Maya had something to do with the pool coming out....
I'm coming out the door with the cake. I love this picture of her.
Georgia loves fondant. Plain. I made fondant lollipops for the cake and she was beyond pleased to eat a whole one. All of the kids ate them!
Hitting up the ice again.
Then the real lollipops came out and a new found sugar rush came into play!
We didn't start opening presents until almost 8:00! What a fun birthday bash! What shall we plan for next year? Haha....just kidding (kind of).
No comments:
Post a Comment