4th of July was really fun this year! Georgia had a bit of a fever so she stayed home in the morning with Peter so she could be well enough for the BBQ we threw at our house. Miles and I went to the parade in Pleasant Hill together and met up with a few friends. It was a great parade, as usual, and Miles especially loved the llamas and football players (this would make Peter very proud). After the parade we raced back home to get ready for some friends. The kids swam, we all ate like champs, drank sangria that I made, and then stayed up for two sets of fireworks: one in front of our house and the other right over our heads in the backyard. It was incredible!
This helicopter flew right over our heads! It was cool, but I was a little nervous....that could have gone wrong on so many levels being so low!
One of my mantels. I love the old shots of the kids in patriotic colors.
I made star pieces of watermelon.
The kids table. I also put crayons out for them to decorate the stars.
The cake.
Sienna, Maya, Miles, and Georgia.
The adults were actually able to sit down and enjoy a nice meal!
Twizzler treats for the fireworks!
Glow sticks and necklaces make staying up past bedtime even more fun! Thanks, Nana!
Maggie going for the red, white, and blue jelly bellys.
Right from our backyard! You can just see the top of the kids' playstructure in the bottom left. That's how close these are to our house!
A fun night had by all!

No comments:
Post a Comment