Miles is still my sweet boy. He loves kindergarten and has made quite a few friends. He got a great progress report recently and is showing a huge interest in reading on his own. It's fun to see him point at words and try to sound them out. Just the other day we were driving and he shouted out, "See.....s. SEES! It says SEES!" Haha. I should have stopped there to celebrate. It has made nighttime reading longer since I insist that Miles help me read the high frequency words and CVC words. He is even reading blends! Miles' writing has also improved greatly and his interest in art has totally peaked. He'll spend an hour drawing pictures or writing numbers or creating books. They usually include zombies and ghosts, but hey I can't complain. I'm just glad he's doing SOMETHING. He gets a monthly calendar for homework and enjoys doing multiple days at once. Miles has been so excited about Halloween, but has already started his Christmas list. And has picked a theme for his birthday in March. Jeez!! He's been doing incredible in his swim class and passed another level recently! His instructor is fantastic; really pushes Miles and gets over the top excited when Miles finally figures out the new swim skill. Peter has been taking Miles to the DVC football games. I know the coach and his wife gave me a season pass! Miles discovered beef jerky at the game and runs up and down the bleachers. Miles also got a clean bill of health with his teeth, but now that all 4 six year molars are in it's become even more apparent that his cross bite will need ortho work. Miles still holds my hand and snuggles with me and he still calls me "Mama". Thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment