Sunday, January 29, 2012

Goodbye, Paci

Better late than never, and definitely better to do it as a 3 year old. But we said goodbye to dear old paci. We wrote a letter to the paci fairy and Miles decided he wanted Peter Pan toys. He was so tired when he went to bed, but wouldn't go to sleep and was SO SAD not to have a paci. I ended up falling asleep with him. He only slept for about 2 hours before he woke up at midnight crying for his paci. Both Peter and I had to console him as he cried and cried. I was ready to fold, but Peter made me hold strong. Miles finally fell asleep on me, while I rubbed his back. He slept until about 6:30.....a wake up call much earlier than usual for him. Again he was crying for his paci, but he was quickly pacified (don't mind the pun) when he got his beloved toys from the paci fairy!! Of course he had to watch Peter Pan (twice), but we didn't mind. The second night was much smoother. He only wanted me to stay with him while he fell asleep (and of course I fell asleep, too), but he slept all night!! He was up early again, but no tears! Here's hoping for a smooth night tonight!!!

No comments: