A bunch of kids from our playgroup joined a summer camp this summer. It's an all day thing and kind of expensive. I think because I love the summer so much, I really didn't want to schlep Miles off for an entire month. I'd rather play with him myself! So I had the brilliant idea to have "Camp a la Mommies" with some of the other Moms who are in my playgroup and didn't sign up their kids for camp. We are each in charge of finding a field trip for Monday and hosting a craft for Friday. Melissa was in charge of camp week 1 and we went to the Lawrence Hall of Science. They have a brand new dinosaur exhibit and it was amazing!! The kids were thrilled with the moving dinosaurs and all the kid friendly toys that went with them. Some kids (ahem, mainly mine) were a little apprehensive about going into the coolest room because of the load roaring. Once we got past the entrance (it seemed everyone had to take a potty break at different times and it took us almost 45 minutes to get past the front door!!), we spent hours touring around and eating lunch. On Friday, the kids made dinosaur sun catchers for the window. Such a great adventure!!
The main entrance and dinosaur #1.
The fun pin toy that takes shape when you press something into it.
This was the first moving and roaring dinosaur. I love Maya's expression.
The dinosaur fossil digs. The kids brushed off sand to expose the fossils.
The volcano, aka jumping house.
Miles measured pretty good!
This was a picture I took right before I used my camera phone. Right as I was taking the picture with the camera phone, the T-Rex roared...and loudly. We didn't know it roared since we were standing by it for a long time. The kids didn't scream. The kids didn't jump. The kids DROPPED to the floor and then scattered like I've never seen. The Moms didn't console. The Moms didn't chase after the kids. The Moms stood there and cried laughing for a solid 5 minutes. I SO wish I had my phone on video instead. Classic.
Such a pretty view that day.
This was the room Miles wouldn't go in. It was awesome. All the moving dinosaurs and roaring, but I couldn't get past the first dinosaur.
The famous whale.
Miles and Maya holding hands.
Friday's craft!
No comments:
Post a Comment