Saturday, July 27, 2013

No more papi's!!

It's official! We are a pacifier free house! I have been *dreading* this day....because I knew how addicted Georgia was, but her teeth were becoming buck teeth and if she's going to preschool in the fall she can't have a paci anymore. Sooooo.....reluctantly Georgia agreed to give up her beloved "papi's". She did really well during the day and all the way up to bedtime. But when it came time to brush our teeth she asked for one. I told her the paci fairy already came and took them away and she would come back with the prize while we were sleeping. Georgia absolutely melted. She screamed, "I only need ONE!!!!" And then the devil possessed her. She would throw herself on the ground, punching the floor, then she would run around wildly. So wildly in fact that we had to lock her in her room (with me in there) because I was afraid she was going to fall down the stairs. That just pissed her off even more. She punched the door, hit me, took pillows and bashed them on my head, threw books, poured milk on her bed, blew snot out of her nose and wiped it on my arm (very intentional as she did it several times), screamed, cried, growled, flicked the light switch on and off about 100 times.....it was UNREAL. I actually laughed most of the time because I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Laughing probably didn't help since she hates to be laughed at. After 45 minutes I asked if she wanted to sleep in my bed with a show. She agreed and calmed right now. She watched 2 shows and then headed back to her own bed at 11:00. I fell asleep with her, snuck out, and didn't hear from her again until 7:00. She was pretty pissed when she woke up, but quickly became happy when she opened her present. Let's hope the second night goes a little smoother!!!





Still pissed at me.....


Now happy with her lalaloopsy dolls!



No comments: